For the most part, you can sip Vanilla Crown in its normal form enjoying its robust vanilla, oak, and brown sugar flavor combo.
Nevertheless, a bit of mixing here and there wouldn’t hurt, especially if you don’t enjoy savoring this Canadian whiskey neat. One of the best ways to enjoy Vanilla Crown is to mix it with soda. This mixture often creates a broader flavor that you are sure to love.
Several types of soda go with Vanilla Crown, but only a few go exceptionally well.
Let’s explore the list of sodas that go well with Vanilla Crown.
What Soda Goes Good with Vanilla Crown?
Coca-Cola goes well with Vanilla Crown whiskey. Other sodas like orange cream soda and sprite go well with Vanilla Crown, but Coca-Cola pairs better with Vanilla Crown.
Here’s a Vanilla Crown and coke recipe you’ll instantly fall in love with:
- 4 ounces of Coca-Cola,
- 1 lemon wedge,
- 2 ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey.
- Pour the whiskey into a glass cup, add ice, and stir to combine.
- Add the Coca-Cola, squeeze in the juice from the lemon wedge, and serve immediately.
The caramel note of Coca-Cola, or rather a cola, excellently matches Crown Vanilla’s brown sugar, vanilla, and oaky flavors.
Let us explore other sodas that go good with Crown Vanilla
Crown Vanilla and Dr. Pepper Cherry
- 2 ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey,
- 4 ounces of Dr. Pepper cherry.
- Pour the Crown Vanilla into a cup and add some ice.
- Add the Dr. Pepper cherry and stir.
This cocktail is different and an absolute delight. It combines the robust vanilla flavor of the Royal Crown Vanilla whiskey and the subtle tang of Dr. Pepper’s cherry soda.
Sprite and Crown Vanilla
- 5 ounces of sprite,
- 1 ounce of Crown Vanilla whiskey.
- Throw a handful of ice into a highball glass and pour the whiskey and sprite in.
- Stir and serve immediately.
This mix may have a strong sweet flavor because the major ingredients have a bold, sweet flavor.
Royal Crown Vanilla and Orange Cream Soda
- 4 ounces of orange cream soda,
- 1½ ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey.
- Put the ice into a highball glass and follow up with the Crown Vanilla whiskey.
- Pour the orange soda, stir, and serve.
If you’re big on experimenting, we recommend this excellent vanilla and citrus-flavored Crown Vanilla cocktail.
What is Crown Vanilla?
On October 5, 2016, Crown Royal introduced Crown Vanilla, a 35% volume vanilla-flavored whiskey, to its line of beverages.
The flavor of this whiskey came with a rather fresh twist.
Crown Vanilla is a versatile Canadian whiskey with a rich vanilla flavor. It gets its bright vanilla flavor and smooth whiskey finish from a perfect blend of well-selected Crown Royal whiskies and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
You get a hint of robust vanilla and oak notes when you take a whiff of Royal Crown Vanilla whiskey.
A sweet yet nutty flavor often follows the luxurious Crown Vanilla. This sweet, nutty flavor is similar to that of caramelized sugar.
The good thing about Crown Vanilla is that you can sip it neat or enjoy it “on the rocks.” The flavor doesn’t necessarily demand you to mix it with something else, as it is already robust.
However, if you choose to blend it with something else, here are five interesting options that go well with Crown Vanilla:
- Ginger ale
- Cranberry juice and peach schnapps
- Maple syrup and lemon juice
- Lemon juice and honey syrup
- Soda water
Here’s how to blend these with Crown Vanilla.
How to Mix Ginger Ale with Crown Vanilla
- 2 ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey,
- 1 lime wedge,
- 4 ounces of ginger ale.
- Put the ice in a cup, add the whiskey, and stir.
- Add the ginger ale, squeeze in the juice from the lime wedge, and enjoy.
Crown Vanilla whiskey and ginger ale make a perfect combination. The whiskey has a beautiful vanilla flavor, and the ginger ale makes it even better with its sweet and bright ginger flavor.
How to Mix Crown Vanilla and Cranberry Juice
- 2 ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey,
- 1 ounce of peach schnapps,
- 1½ ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice,
- clear ice,
- club soda (optional).
- Add some ice to a glass cup. Before stirring, follow the ice with the peach schnapps, Crown Vanilla, and cranberry juice.
- Trickle in some soda water if you want to.
This cocktail is perfect for you if you dislike overly sweet beverages.
How to Blend Crown Vanilla with Maple Syrup and Lemon Juice
- 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- two ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey,
- ¾ ounce of maple syrup,
- a cocktail cherry,
- an orange peel.
- Add the whiskey, ice, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a cocktail shaker, then shake until cold.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the drink into a glass and garnish with an orange peel and cocktail cherry.
This Crown Vanilla cocktail blend makes the perfect sweet-sour whiskey drink for festivities.
How to Combine Lemon Juice and Honey Syrup with Crown Vanilla
- ¾ ounce of honey syrup,
- 2 ounces of Crown Vanilla,
- lemon wedge,
- 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice.
- Pour the whiskey, lemon juice, and honey syrup into a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice and shake until the cocktail shaker becomes cold.
- Strain the mix into a glass cup and garnish with the lemon wedge and ice.
How to Pair Crown Vanilla with Soda Water
- 4 ounces of soda water,
- 2 ounces of whiskey,
- a lemon wedge.
- Add ice to a glass cup, pour whiskey and soda water, and stir.
- Press in the juice from the lemon wedge and serve.
This cocktail is excellent if you like to keep it simple. This straightforward recipe results in a cocktail that tastes like a diluted version of Crown Vanilla.
Is Royal Crown Vanilla Sweet, Straight?
Yes, Royal Crown Vanilla is sweet when drunk neat.
However, it is not entirely sweet. Crown Vanilla does not have an overbearing sweet flavor. Instead, it has a subtly sugar and vanilla flavor you may enjoy as an aftertaste. Nevertheless, this sugary zest might come up mid-palate and not necessarily as an aftertaste.
Does Crown Vanilla Have Sugar?
Royal Crown Vanilla whiskey has no added sugars; that’s why it is good for people with diabetes.
Also, a serving of Crown Vanilla is carb, sodium, fat, and protein-free. So it works fine for a low-sodium, low-carb, and fat-free diet. If you have high blood pressure, you can enjoy some sips of Royal Crown Vanilla and have a guilt-free experience.
It is important to note that this nutritional profile only applies to Crown Vanilla, which hasn’t been mixed with other beverages. When combined with other drinks, the nutritional profile will change.
Especially with sodas, as sodas have a reputation for negative nutritional profiles.
How Long Does Crown Royal Vanilla Last?
A sealed bottle of Crown Royal Vanilla can last indefinitely as long as it remains sealed and away from sunlight.
Once opened, Crown Royal Vanilla whiskey has six months to two years of shelf life.
Nonetheless, the alcohol evaporates during that time, leaving a smoother-tasting whiskey, losing its color slowly.
If you don’t intend to use the whole bottle of whiskey within two years, we recommend that you don’t open the bottle.
Easy Crown Royal Cocktails
Making the perfect cocktails is one of the best parts of the Crown Royal experience.
Although we outlined about nine Crown Royal cocktails earlier, here are two more to give you additional options.
Whiskey Smash: Crown Royal Vanilla Whiskey with Lemons and Mint Leaves
- a cup of crushed ice,
- a tablespoon of sugar,
- 8 mint leaves,
- ½ a lemon,
- 2 ounces of whiskey.
- Put the mint, lemon, and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Do this until the lemon releases its juice and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the whiskey in and shake for thirty seconds. Afterward, pour the mix into a cup, and add fresh ice and some mint leaves.
Old Fashioned: Crown Royal Blended Whiskey Ginger Beer and Lime Juice
- 1½ ounces of Crown Vanilla whiskey,
- 3 ounces of ginger beer,
- ¾ ounce of fresh lime juice,
- 1 lime wedge.
- Add the whiskey to the lime juice in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake well.
- Put some ice in a glass and pour the mix over the ice.
- Add the ginger beer as a topping and the lime wedge as a garnish. Enjoy!
- What Cheese Goes Best With Roast Beef – 5 Top Options
- What Goes With Cheesy Potatoes?
- Best Liquid Egg White Brands
- What part of broccoli do we eat?
- What to eat with Mozzarella Sticks