Are you looking for a delicious and unique dip to serve at your next dinner party? You have come to the right place! This Sweet Potato and Cashew dip is sure to be the star of any gathering. It’s creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness, plus it packs an extra punch from its fragrant herbs. Plus, it’s a cinch to make – anyone can whip up a batch in no time!
Whether you’re entertaining guests or simply wanting something special for yourself, this recipe has got you covered. I’ve been making this dish for years now and let me tell ya-every single person who’s tried it loves it! So if you’re ready to wow your friends and family with some real culinary magic, keep reading as I share my foolproof recipe for irresistible sweet potato cashew dip.
Read also: sweet potato and cashew dip recipe
sweet potato and cashew dip recipe
Welcome to a delightful recipe that combines the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with the creamy richness of cashews. This versatile dip can be enjoyed as an appetizer, snack, or even as a spread for sandwiches or wraps. With its velvety texture and delectable flavors, this dip is bound to become a favorite amongst both kids and adults alike.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: Approximately 2 cups
1. Preheat your oven to **375°F** (**190°C**).
2. Wash the sweet potatoes under running water, then pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Using a fork or knife, gently poke several holes in each sweet potato. This will allow steam to escape while they bake.
4. Place the prepared sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake for approximately **30 minutes**, or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
5. While the sweet potatoes are baking, let’s prepare our cashews! In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews with hot water and soak for about **10 minutes** until they soften slightly.
6. Drain the soaked cashews thoroughly using a fine-mesh sieve or colander.
7. Once cooked through, carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the oven using oven mitts as they will be piping hot!
8. Allow them to cool slightly before handling them further – around **5 minutes** should do it!
9.In another bowl/container add cooled down baked sweeet potatos , drained soaked raw casheuws along with lemon juice, minced garlic cloves and smoked paprika.
10. **Blend** all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
11. Now it’s time to season! Add salt and pepper to taste, ensuring you mix well after each addition. Remember, you can always adjust the seasoning according to your personal preference!
12. Transfer the dip into a serving bowl or an airtight container if not using immediately.
13. Refrigerate for at least **30 minutes** before serving to allow the flavors to meld together beautifully.
14. When ready to serve, garnish with some additional smoked paprika or chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives for an extra touch of freshness!
15.Bring out your favorite dipping companions such as tortilla chips, crackers, sliced veggies (carrots are amazing!), or even pita bread – anything goes well with this delectable dip!
Enjoy this deliciously creamy sweet potato and cashew dip that will surely impress your family and friends at any gathering or celebration!
Read also: can ground beef be a little pink?
Read also: How do I make beef jerky on a Traeger grill?