The hot embrace of summer often kindles a universal yearning for fresh and invigorating beverages. And truly, what can rival the bliss of relishing a perfectly concocted, icy cocktail? In this backdrop, the Hugo Spritz emerges as a beacon of refreshment.
About Hugo Spritz:
The Hugo Spritz, a recent entrant to the cocktail realm, has charged into the scene with an enthralling allure that’s rapidly enamored summer-lovers everywhere. Its meteoric rise on platforms like TikTok testifies to its new title: The Drink of the Summer.
Essentially, the Hugo Spritz revels in a mix of Prosecco, soda water, fragrant mint leaves, and the sweet floral notes of elderflower liqueur, like St-Germain. This symphony of ingredients is both sophisticated and graceful. The drink’s elegance is magnified by the vibrant bubbles of Prosecco complementing the understated sweetness of the elderflower.
The magic of Hugo Spritz? Its simplicity paired with an emphasis on pristine ingredients.
Making Hugo Spritz at Home:
- 3 oz Prosecco (or any sparkling white wine of your preference)
- 1 oz Elderflower syrup/liqueur (St-Germain recommended)
- 2 oz Soda water
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Lime slices
- Ice cubes
- Choose Your Glass: A large wine glass or balloon glass is ideal for this cocktail, allowing the aesthetic and garnishes of Hugo Spritz to be displayed beautifully.
- Begin with the Base: Layer the bottom with ice cubes, then gently pour in the elderflower syrup or liqueur.
- Add the Fizz: Slowly introduce 3 ounces of Prosecco. Follow it up with the soda water, which provides a delicate carbonation and offsets the sweetness of elderflower.
- Herbaceous Touch: Drop in fresh mint leaves for that aromatic nuance.
- Citrus Kick: For a hint of zest, squeeze in a slice of lime. The squeezed slice can be left in the cocktail for a deeper citrus undertone.
- Stir and Serve: Gently amalgamate the ingredients with a cocktail stirrer or a long spoon.
Your Hugo Spritz is now primed for indulgence! With its harmonious medley of Prosecco, elderflower, mint, and lime, it is the quintessential drink for a relaxed summer day. So, – when are you going to indulge in this effervescent delight?