Take a flavorful journey through the charming streets of New Orleans Square in Disneyland without leaving your home with this Disneyland Beef Stew recipe. Originating from the French Market’s culinary wonders, this stew packs in the warmth of tender beef and hearty vegetables. A classic that’s been loved since 1966, it promises to transport your senses straight to Disneyland.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 hours
Total Time: 7 hours 20 minutes
- Chuck roast or stew beef (cut into cubes if using chuck roast)
- All-purpose flour (for coating the beef)
- Oil (for browning the beef)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 Red potatoes, cubed
- Prepping the Beef: Begin by cutting the chuck roast into cubes, if that’s your choice of beef. In a bowl, combine the flour and some kosher salt. Toss the beef cubes in this mixture, ensuring they’re well coated.
- Browning the Beef: In a skillet, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the flour-coated beef cubes and sear them until they’re nicely browned on all sides. Make sure to scrape up the fond (the flavorful brown bits) left in the skillet after browning; this will be added to the stew for an enriched flavor profile.
- Assembling in the Crockpot: Transfer the browned beef into a crockpot. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beef broth, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and red potatoes.
- Slow Cooking: Set the crockpot on low heat and let the stew simmer away for about 7 hours. The slow cooking ensures the flavors meld beautifully and the beef becomes fork-tender.
- Serving: Once done, taste the stew and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve it hot with a side of baguette or, for a more authentic Disneyland experience, in a sourdough bread bowl.
Tips & Notes:
- Remember that slow cooking is the key here. The prolonged cooking time on low heat ensures the beef is tender and the flavors are well-combined.
- For a full Disney Parks culinary adventure, pair this hearty stew with the Disney Churros recipe for dessert.
- This stew can be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container, making it perfect for future meals when you’re short on time.
Embark on this culinary experience and bring a slice of Disneyland’s magic into your kitchen. Enjoy the rich flavors and comforting warmth of this delightful beef stew.