Taking time out to plan your Freshly meals is a pretty good idea.
Freshly’s fully-cooked balanced dishes save you time and cater to any dietary interests you may have.
However, even with the most deliciously-cooked meals, it is inevitable to change plans or have leftovers. So if you ordered more food than you can finish or plan to eat something else, you could refrigerate the Freshly meals. On average, Freshly meals can last up to 7 days in the fridge.
Supposing you want longer-term storage, you can freeze your Freshly meals.
We hope this short article gives you more information about freezing Freshly meals.
Can you Freeze Freshly Meals?
Yes, you can freeze Freshly meals.
Although Freshly recommends that you enjoy the meals in the first few days of their arrival, they also suggest refrigerating Freshly meals when you cannot eat or finish them. However, it would be best to remember that Freshly meals can be safely refrigerated for at most seven days.
If you need extended preservation time, you can freeze your Freshly meals. The downside to freezing Freshly meals is that the dishes lose their overall flavor and quality.
Should Freshly meals be frozen or refrigerated?
Freshly meals can be frozen or refrigerated.
Freshly often advises that Freshly meals be eaten while fresh. However, Freshly meals should only be refrigerated if you wouldn’t be eating them immediately. In the refrigerator, Freshly meals have about 5 to 7 days of shelf life.
For an extended keep-time, you should freeze Freshly meals. Freshly meals can keep in the freezer for longer than seven days.
To avoid spoilage, check the use-by date on the nutrition label and keep to it.
How long can you Freeze Freshly meals?
You should be able to freeze Freshly meals for about three months if stored properly.
Freshly meals are better frozen when you have no intention of eating them within seven days of their arrival. However, refrigerate them if you intend to eat them within seven days of their delivery.
Although it is often believed that foods can stay frozen for up to a year, that is not advisable with Freshly meals. This is because of two things:
- The taste and quality diminish when you freeze Freshly meals.
- Freshly meals come with use-by dates that give an estimated period after which you shouldn’t eat the meals. When you freeze Freshly meals, it is easy to ignore or even forget the use-by date, and you’ll be left with an expired meal
How to freeze Freshly Meals?
- Place the meals in freezer-safe containers with an airtight seal. This keeps out moisture and bacteria.
- Using freezer or masking tape and a marker, label each meal with the name and use-by date to help you keep track of their quality. The use-by date is often indicated on the Freshly nutrition label.
- Generally, eating cooked frozen foods within three months of freezing them is recommended. Nevertheless, Freshly suggests you consume frozen Freshly meals before the use-by date to enjoy them at optimal flavor and texture.
Precautions to take when freezing Freshly meals.
- If you can, don’t freeze Freshly meals at all. Instead, consume them within the first few days of their delivery, as they are at their optimal quality.
- Suppose you’ll eat your Freshly meals within seven days of their arrival. Then, refrigerate your Freshly meals instead of freezing them.
- Use a tight-sealing freezer-friendly container to freeze Freshly meals.
- Always label the storage containers with the name of the meal and the use-by date. This helps you remember when the food is expected to start losing its quality. Use a masking or freezer tape and a marker to achieve this.
- Strictly follow the use-by date to avoid spoilage and decreased quality of the Freshly meals.
How long does Freshly Meals last in the fridge and at Room Temperature?
Freshly meals can last five to seven days in the fridge if stored appropriately.
According to the USDA directive, cooked food can only be left for two hours at room temperature before it begins to develop bacteria. Since Freshly meals are cooked, they automatically should follow this rule.
Additionally, cooked food should not be left at temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit for more than one hour.
How to defrost Freshly Meals
You do not defrost frozen Freshly meals in the refrigerator. Instead, you do so in the microwave.
The thawing process is often combined with the reheating process. Use this guide to defrost and reheat frozen Freshly meals.
- Take your frozen Freshly meal, place it in a microwave-safe dish, and put it in the microwave.
- Heat on high for three minutes and check the internal temperature of the food with a food thermometer.
- Keep reheating for an extra one minute until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is Comparable to Freshly?
Many pre-made meal services are comparable to Freshly, but let’s explore three of them and see how they stack up against Freshly.
Fresh N Lean
Perhaps the most significant point to note with Fresh N Lean is that they’re the more cost-friendly option than Freshly.
Fresh N Lean also offers meal services that cater to specific dietary preferences like protein+, low-carb vegan, and many others.
So if you’re looking for meal service with quality, fresh ingredients that offer breakfast and dinner options, Fresh N Lean might be that brand.
Another excellent alternative to Freshly is Factor Meals. Like Freshly and Fresh N Lean, Factor Meals also provide fresh pre-cooked meals for various dietary lifestyles.
However, a standout point to note is that Factor Meals subscriptions come with a complimentary twenty-minute nutritional coaching session that helps you figure out and stay true to the meal plan that works for you.
While Home Bistro seemed to have hacked the pre-cooked meal service industry, two things set them apart from Freshly:
- Home Bistro’s meals are relatively more expensive than Freshly’s.
- Because Home Bistro offers frozen cooked meals rather than Freshly cooked meals, their dishes may not be appealing to the demographic that appreciates fresh meals.
What Meals can you Freeze?
If we give you a complete list of freezable foods and recipes, you might never finish reading this article, and we don’t want that. So here are twenty foods you can freeze.
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza and bread dough
- Chicken and turkey stock
- Chicken, meatball, and veggie casseroles
- Chicken potpie
- Fish pie
- Fish cakes
- Chicken burrito bowls
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Baked potatoes
- Pork roasts