Are you looking for an easy way to add some zest and flavour to your drinks? Do you want something that’s both sweet and sour at the same time? Well, I’ve got just the thing for you – homemade lemon cordial! It’s surprisingly simple to make, packs a serious zingy punch, and can be used in all kinds of cocktails and mocktails.
In this article, I’ll teach you how to whip up your own delicious batches of lemon cordial from scratch. Plus, I’ll share my top tips for making perfect refreshing recipes every single time. So if you’re ready to take your beverages up a notch with a splash of citrusy sweetness – let’s get started!
Read also: recipe for lemon cordial
recipe for lemon cordial
– 4 lemons
– 2 cups of granulated sugar
– 4 cups of water
1. Begin by gathering four fresh and juicy lemons. Look for ones that are bright yellow, with a slightly firm skin.
2. Give the lemons a gentle roll on your kitchen countertop to help release their juices. This will make it easier to extract every last drop.
3. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the lemons in half crosswise.
4. Squeeze each lemon half over a fine-mesh strainer placed over a bowl or jug, ensuring no seeds or pulp fall into the liquid gold you’re extracting.
5. Set aside the freshly squeezed lemon juice and grab a medium-sized saucepan.
6. In this saucepan, combine two cups of granulated sugar and four cups of water with an elegant flick of your wrist.
– Granulated sugar (2 cups)
– Water (4 cups)
7. Place the saucepan on your stovetop and set it over medium heat until all those delightful granules dissolve completely into the water, creating an irresistibly sweet syrupy concoction.
8. Once dissolved, add in that beautiful lemon juice you set aside earlier from those vibrant citrus fruits that you lovingly hand-squeezed with precision.
9.Now comes the fun part! Stir everything together so those sugary molecules become one with that tangy goodness from those sunny yellow lemons!
10.Next up is bringing our mixture to life through gentle heating! Turn up your stove’s heat just enough to bring it to a low simmer but make sure not to let it boil. We want harmony, not a wild eruption!
11.Allow your mixture to simmer gracefully for around 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. This will ensure all the flavors meld together and create a symphony of sweet and tangy notes.
12.After those mesmerizing ten minutes have passed, remove the saucepan from the heat with excitement in your eyes! Allow it to cool down naturally as if nature itself had whispered its secrets into your creation.
13.Once cooled, strain the cordial through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into another container. This will catch any stray pulp or lemon bits that might linger behind.
14.Now comes the moment you’ve been waiting for! Grab an elegant glass bottle (or multiple smaller ones) with stoppers or lids that are eager to showcase this golden elixir you have crafted so lovingly.
15.Pour your freshly made lemon cordial into these beautiful vessels, allowing them to become ambassadors of flavor in their own right!
16.Lastly, seal those bottles tightly and store them proudly in your refrigerator where they will patiently wait for their grand debut.
And voila! Your homemade lemon cordial is now ready to transform any ordinary beverage into an extraordinary one! Whether it’s adding a splash to sparkling water for a refreshing spritzer or mixing it with ice-cold vodka for a zesty cocktail – this versatile elixir is sure to brighten up any occasion. So go ahead, indulge yourself and share this magical creation with friends and loved ones alike!
Read also: where to buy ground beef in bulk?
Read also: difference between pot roast and roast beef