Are you looking for a delicious scone recipe to make in your own kitchen? Making my CWA-approved scones has been my best baking experience yet! You might be wondering why this recipe is endorsed by the Country Women’s Association. It’s because it guarantees you will have the most delicious result – tender, moist, and lightly sweetened.
My scone recipe is easy to follow and quickly becomes an irresistible treat to enjoy with family or friends. I’ll walk you through all of the steps needed for success, including how to pick out the ingredients that give these scones their unique texture and flavor. With some practice, you’ll be able to easily reproduce mouth-watering results each time from your own home kitchen! So let’s get baking!
Read also: cwa scone recipe
cwa scone recipe
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– A pinch of salt
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
– 2/3 cup milk (any type you prefer)
– Optional: add-ins like chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Get ready for some scone magic!
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and that teeny-tiny pinch of salt. Give it a little stir with your trusty spoon.
3. Now comes the fun part – adding the cold cubed butter! Drop those butter cubes into the dry mixture and use your fingers to rub them together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Think sandy beach vibes.
4. Time for some wet ingredients! Gradually pour in the milk while gently stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Don’t overmix though; we want these scones to be tender and fluffy!
5. At this point, if you’re feeling adventurous or craving an extra twist of flavor in your scones, throw in some add-ins like chocolate chips (because who doesn’t love chocolate?), dried fruit (raisins are classic), or even chopped nuts for that delightful crunch!
6. Dust a clean surface with flour and transfer your dough onto it – gently pat it into an inch-thick circle with your hands.
7. Grab a round cookie cutter or even just a regular drinking glass dipped in flour to prevent sticking – now cut out those lovely scone shapes from the dough circle! Place them on a lined baking sheet about an inch apart.
8. Before popping them into that hot oven heaven for around 12–15 minutes (or until they turn golden brown), give each scone a little milk bath. Dip your fingers into some milk and lightly brush the tops for a beautiful golden crust.
9. While they’re baking, take a moment to savor the mouthwatering aroma that fills your kitchen – it’s like being wrapped in a warm, cozy hug!
10. Once the timer beeps, remove those perfectly baked scones from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack (if you can resist diving right in!).
11. Now comes the best part – eating! Enjoy these delectable treats warm or at room temperature, topped with butter, clotted cream, jam, or whatever tickles your fancy.
Remember: These scrumptious scones are best enjoyed fresh on the day of baking but can also be stored in an airtight container for up to two days… if they last that long! Happy indulging!
Read also: Does beef jerky expire?