Are you looking for an indulgent dessert that will wow your guests? Then you’ll love this Brandy Custard Recipe! I have been perfecting my recipe for years and it has quickly become a favorite among family and friends. This custard is creamy, decadent and perfectly balanced with brandy flavor- really bringing out all the best flavors of any occasion.
Making Brandy Custard can be a bit tricky but don’t worry, I’m here to guide you every step of the way. In this article, we’ll go over all the key ingredients and steps needed to make sure your custard turns out just right every time. Plus, I will also give some tips on how to serve up this delicious dessert in style! So get ready to whip up something special- let’s dive in and explore how to make Brandy Custard!
Read also: brandy custard recipe
brandy custard recipe
– 2 cups whole milk
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 4 large egg yolks
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– Pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 tablespoons brandy
1. Gather all your ingredients and get ready to embark on a delicious journey to make the most velvety brandy custard!
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, pour in the whole milk and place it over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t boil over!
3. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch, and pinch of salt until everything is well combined.
4. Once the milk is gently simmering away, slowly pour about one-fourth of it into your egg yolk mixture while continuously whisking vigorously. This step is important to temper the eggs without scrambling them!
5. Now that you have successfully tempered your eggs with some warm milk goodness, pour this mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk.
6. Over low heat (emphasis on low here), cook this custard base while stirring constantly for about 8 minutes until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon beautifully.
7. Remove from heat but keep stirring for another minute just to ensure no lumps form as it cools slightly.
Now comes our magical moment! Stir in that lovely teaspoon of vanilla extract along with those tantalizingly aromatic three tablespoons of brandy.
Place your custard-filled pan or container inside an ice bath (a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water). Gently stir for about five minutes or until completely cooled down.
At last! The final step before indulgence – strain your custard through a fine-mesh sieve to ensure it is silky smooth and free from any potential lumps or bits.
Now, you have two options: if you can’t wait another minute, grab a spoon and savor the custard as it is. Or refrigerate it for at least two hours to allow it to set beautifully into a thick yet creamy consistency that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight!
Serve your brandy custard in individual bowls or use it as an irresistible accompaniment to apple pie, bread pudding, or any dessert that craves a touch of elegance.
Enjoy every heavenly spoonful and pat yourself on the back for mastering this wonderful brandy custard recipe!