This recipe is for a creamy and tangy Alabama White BBQ Sauce. This sauce is a mayonnaise-based dip, distinct from the traditional tomato-based barbecue sauces. Its creamy texture combined with a touch of spice makes it a popular choice for fried or grilled meats. Here’s a summarized version:
White BBQ Sauce
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings based on your preference.
- For an additional kick, add a teaspoon of prepared horseradish cream.
- For a spicier sauce, add more cayenne pepper or a splash of hot sauce.
- For a milder version, reduce the cayenne pepper and opt for regular or Dijon mustard.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Use as a dipping sauce for fried chicken, wings, veggies, or even as a unique salad dressing
Nutritional Information (per 2 tablespoons serving):
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Potassium: 19mg
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 2g
The nutrition information is approximate and can vary based on the brands of ingredients used. Always check the product labels for the most accurate information.