Refreshing watermelon pairs wonderfully with the licorice hint of fennel. Together with the crunch of microgreens, this salad captures the essence of summer.
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine watermelon, fennel slices, and microgreens.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the salad with torn basil and mint leaves.
- If desired, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top.
- Serve immediately, ideally chilled.
With this recipe, you can bring the best of the farmers market to your table, showcasing the vibrant and fresh flavors of summer. Don’t forget to enjoy this dish with family and friends, as seasonal foods always taste best when shared!