If you’re a fan of the garlic sauce that often comes with pizza from your favorite pizza chain, you’ll be delighted to know that making it at home is quite simple. Here’s how to make garlic sauce similar to what you get from pizza chains:
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- A few shakes of sea salt
- In a pot, add 1/2 cup of margarine (you can also use a squeezable margarine option), 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and a few shakes of sea salt.
- Set the burner to medium heat and stir the mixture as it melts. Alternatively, you can melt the margarine in the microwave and whisk in the ingredients once it’s melted.
- Once the sauce has fully melted and become homogeneous, take it off the heat and let it cool for around 10 minutes.
- Your homemade garlic sauce is now ready to use. You can pour it into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
One of the key differences between pizza chain garlic sauce and regular garlic butter is the use of margarine instead of butter. Margarine, with its higher oil content, ensures that the sauce doesn’t congeal or solidify when chilled, giving it that velvety texture. Plus, using margarine makes this garlic sauce vegan-friendly as it doesn’t contain any dairy products.
You can pair this garlic sauce with a variety of dishes, from breadsticks and shrimp scampi to roasted vegetables and homemade pizza. Enjoy your homemade pizza chain-style garlic sauce!