The Beef Satay with Thai Peanut Sauce recipe by Smith’s Chef Jeff is a flavorful dish that promises to transport your taste buds to Thailand. It pairs tender, marinated beef skewers with a creamy and spicy peanut sauce, offering a satisfying combination of flavors and textures. Here’s a breakdown of the recipe:
For the Beef Satay:
- 1-2 lb. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cooked Jasmine rice and lime wedges to serve
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. water, as needed to thin
- Prep the Steak: Place the flank steak in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm it up for easier slicing. Cut it across the grain into 1/4-inch strips.
- Marinate the Steak: Place the steak strips into a zipper bag and add the fish sauce, soy sauce, vegetable oil, Sriracha, brown sugar, chopped cilantro, and green onions. Press out the air, zip the bag shut, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Make the Peanut Sauce: Combine all ingredients except for the water in a saucepan. Heat over medium until it comes to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add water to thin the sauce to your desired consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grill the Steak: Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Weave the marinated steak strips onto skewers.
- Cook the Satay: Once the grill is hot, place the skewers on it and cook until they are charred on all sides, which should take about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve: Place the cooked skewers over Jasmine rice, drizzle with the peanut sauce, and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your Beef Satay with Thai Peanut Sauce!