Ah, Labor Day Weekend—a time to relax, soak up the last bits of summer, and perhaps enjoy some delightful cocktails. The Beach Sangria recipe! USA encapsulates the essence of summer with its refreshing mix of fruity flavors and a touch of herbal delight. Perfect for outdoor gatherings or even quiet moments by the poolside, this cocktail is a charming way to extend that summer vibe just a little bit longer.
Why This Cocktail Works:
- Seasonal Freshness: Fresh basil leaves and strawberries bring a refreshing and seasonal touch to the drink.
- Rosé All Day: Using rosé wine adds an elegant but laid-back vibe, perfect for summer gatherings.
- Citrusy Twist: The splash of orange liqueur or Grand Marnier provides a bit of citrusy complexity, elevating the cocktail from good to great.
- Sweet Balance: Simple syrup adds just enough sweetness to balance out the acidity of the wine and citrus.
- Ease of Preparation: This cocktail doesn’t require any special equipment or techniques—just mix, serve, and enjoy!
Making It Your Own:
- Switch Up the Herbs: If basil isn’t your thing, you can use mint leaves for a different but equally refreshing twist.
- More Fruits: Feel free to add more sliced fruits like peaches or blueberries for added flavor and visual appeal.
- Add Sparkle: If you’re looking for a bit more fizz, top the sangria off with a splash of soda water.
- Step 1: In a large pitcher, muddle the basil leaves and sliced strawberries to release their flavors.
- Step 2: Add the 7oz of Beach Rosé to the pitcher.
- Step 3: Add 0.5oz of simple syrup and a splash of orange liqueur or Grand Marnier.
- Step 4: Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 5: Serve over ice in glasses, or if you prefer, blend the mixture with ice for a frozen version.
- Optional: Garnish with a strawberry or basil leaf for an added touch of elegance.
As Labor Day approaches, it’s hard not to feel a bit wistful about the end of summer. However, cocktails like The Beach Sangria help capture the season’s lingering spirit. So, here’s to long weekends, the joys of summer, and the simple pleasure of a well-made cocktail. Cheers! 🥂