Are you the type of person who carries a little bottle of hot sauce in your purse? If so, this burger is tailored for your taste buds. Picture a thick, succulent beef patty generously loaded with chipotle peppers, then lavishly adorned with chipotle mayo for an electrifying punch. To add a touch of coolness, tuck in some velvety cheese and creamy avocado. Or for an intensified flavor explosion, why not opt for pepperjack cheese? This recipe delivers a knockout flavor for your burger night and comes together effortlessly by grabbing a can of chipotles in adobo on your next grocery run. Don’t underestimate that petite can; its heat rivals particularly spicy jalapeños, with a smoky aftertaste.
A Brief Introduction to Chipotles in Adobo:
Allow us to acquaint you with your newfound pantry favorite: chipotles in adobo. Chipotle peppers, jalapeños that are dried and smoked, are canned and immersed in adobo sauce for an extra burst of flavor. Their soft texture and convenient use straight from the can make them a star ingredient in spicy dishes. Who knows, you might even consider carrying these culinary gems in your purse too!
Ingredients for Smoky Chipotle Burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
Crafting the Culinary Magic:
- In a bowl, delicately combine the beef, chipotle chiles, onion powder, cumin, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt with your hands. Take care not to overmix.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F. Once hot, place the patties directly on the grates and cook until each side is golden brown, approximately 6-10 minutes. During the final 2 minutes of cooking, add slices of provolone cheese to each patty, allowing it to melt.
- While the burgers are sizzling, whisk together mayonnaise and adobo sauce to create the chipotle mayo. Season with salt to taste.
- Assemble the burgers: Place a cooked patty on the bottom bun, dollop it with a tablespoon of chipotle mayo, and layer on ¼ of the avocado. Crown the burger with the top bun and voilà!
Nutrition Per Serving:
- Calories: 855
- Total Fat: 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 18.6 g
- Trans Fat: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g
- Total Sugars: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 1,586.8 mg
- Protein: 35.2 g
So, if you’re seeking a flavor-packed burger with a fiery twist, smoky chipotle burgers are a must-try. This recipe marries the allure of chipotle peppers with succulent beef and creamy toppings, delivering a memorable dining experience that harmonizes heat and satisfaction. Whether you’re a hot sauce enthusiast or simply intrigued by bold flavors, this burger promises an explosion of taste in every bite.