Succulent shrimp meets the hearty warmth of a burrito in this delectable recipe that’s sure to be a hit among seafood enthusiasts and Mexican food lovers alike.
- Large flour tortillas
- Fresh or frozen shrimp (deveined and shelled)
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves (minced)
- Red bell pepper (sliced)
- Yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- Onion (chopped)
- Lime juice
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Chili powder
- Salt and Black pepper
- Cooked rice
- Black beans (cooked)
- Avocado (sliced)
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or Queso Fresco)
- Shrimp Preparation: Rinse the shrimp under cold water, then pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Shrimp Cooking: In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shrimp, cooking for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink. Remove and set aside.
- Marinating the Shrimp: Mix olive oil, garlic, lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Coat the shrimp in the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Tortilla and Fillings: Choose between soft flour tortillas or corn tortillas. Lay out your tortilla and start layering with shrimp, vegetables, cheese, and additional toppings.
- Assembly: Fold in the tortilla’s sides, fold the bottom up and over the fillings, and roll towards the top. Secure with a toothpick or wrap in parchment paper if needed.
- Serving: Serve with side dishes like Mexican rice or black beans. Drizzle with lime juice, and perhaps add a dollop of salsa or sour cream on top.
- Fiesta Burrito: Use salsa verde, guacamole, and queso fresco.
- Spicy Kick: Incorporate jalapenos, chipotle peppers, or hot sauce.
- Asian Fusion: Soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil with stir-fried vegetables.
- Citrus Freshness: Add lime juice, orange segments, and more cilantro.
- Surf and Turf: Combine shrimp with grilled steak or chicken.
Opt for a filling of sautéed onions, bell peppers, zucchini, corn, and black beans, seasoned to perfection.
This shrimp burrito recipe captures the essence of a delicious, customizable meal. It’s perfect for those who cherish the combination of tender seafood, spicy flavors, and the comfort of a warm tortilla wrap. Whether made spicy, tangy, or in the classic way, it’s bound to leave everyone asking for seconds! Happy cooking!