This easy salmon recipe combines the rich flavors of salmon with a sweet and tangy pomegranate glaze. It’s a perfect dish for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate arils (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley or mint (optional, for garnish)
- Season the Salmon: Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Cook the Salmon: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the salmon fillets skin-side down (if they have skin). Cook for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crispy. Gently flip the fillets and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Prepare the Pomegranate Glaze: In the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium. Add the pomegranate juice, honey (or maple syrup), balsamic vinegar, and minced garlic. Stir to combine. Simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add the lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Serve: Spoon the pomegranate glaze over the salmon fillets. Garnish with fresh pomegranate arils and chopped parsley or mint, if desired. Serve immediately.
This dish pairs well with steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a light salad. Enjoy the rich flavors of the salmon combined with the tangy-sweetness of the pomegranate glaze!