Swap out your regular sandwiches for these flavor-packed wraps! They’re stuffed with roasted squash and peppers, smoothed out by a cilantro and garlic sour cream, and complemented by smooth avocado and smoky cheddar. A meat-free delight perfect for packed lunches or quick dinners!
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Wrap & Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 large wraps (Jennine Rye suggests sweet potato wraps for a gluten-free, vegan option)
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup smoked cheddar, grated
- Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the Veggies: Using a potato peeler, peel the butternut squash. Cut it and the bell peppers into roughly 1-inch chunks and slices, respectively.
- Season: In a small bowl, blend the spices together: garlic powder, oregano, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Roast: Toss the veggies in olive oil, sprinkle with the spice mix, and spread them on a baking tray. Roast for 45 minutes or until the squash caramelizes.
- Sour Cream Mix: While the veggies are roasting, combine crushed garlic and cilantro with the sour cream. Set aside.
- Assemble: Once roasted, let the veggies cool slightly. On a wrap, spread the sour cream mix, followed by the roasted veggies, lettuce, avocado slices, and a generous sprinkle of smoked cheddar.
- Roll & Enjoy: Roll up the wrap and enjoy right away! Store any leftover veggies in the fridge for up to three days.
- Calories: 595
- Total Fat: 35.9g
- Carbohydrates: 57.5g
- Protein: 16.6g
This wrap offers a delightful medley of textures and flavors, making it an instant favorite. It’s vegetarian-friendly and packed with nutrients, ensuring you’re both satisfied and nourished.