For those mornings when you want something wholesome and delicious, these Ripe Banana and Buckwheat Pancakes hit the spot. The goodness of ripe bananas combined with the nutty flavor of buckwheat flour gives you a healthy and flavorful start to your day. Let’s not wait any longer and dive straight into the recipe!
Servings: 8-10 pancakes
For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 ripe and mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup milk (either regular or a dairy-free alternative like almond, oat, or soy milk)
- 3 tablespoons milkmaid
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Prepare Dry Mix: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Wet Mix: In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, milk, milkmaid, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Combine Wet & Dry Ingredients: Gently pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until just combined, making sure not to overmix. It’s okay if there are a few lumps.
- Cook the Pancakes: Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add a small dab of butter or a splash of oil to lightly grease the surface. Once hot, pour a ladleful of the pancake batter onto the skillet, forming a circle.
- Flip and Brown: Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles form on the surface (2-3 minutes). Carefully flip the pancake over using a spatula and cook the other side until it’s golden brown and the pancake is cooked through (another 2-3 minutes).
- Serve and Enjoy: Remove the pancake from the skillet and place it on a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the pancakes warm, topped with extra honey or maple syrup, fresh fruits, or any other favorite toppings.
These pancakes offer a delightful texture and a depth of flavor, thanks to the combination of ripe bananas and buckwheat flour. It’s the perfect breakfast treat for both regular days and special occasions. Enjoy your meal!