The iconic “Queen of Country Music”, Reba McEntire, never stops amazing her fans. Having dominated the music scene and leaving her mark on television and film, she now offers a tantalizing treat from her upcoming book. Among stories and life lessons, Reba presents her simple yet refreshing recipe for Porch Day Lemonade – a perfect farewell to summer.
- Reba’s Multifaceted Career:
- Known for hit singles and groundbreaking eponymous show.
- Launched her restaurant, Reba’s Place, ensuring patrons have a “Fancy” experience.
- Her upcoming book “Not That Fancy: Simple Lessons on Living, Loving, Eating and Dusting Off Your Boots” promises to share more facets of her life, including recipes.
2. Reba’s Porch Day Lemonade Recipe:
- Ingredients: Water, sugar, 6-8 lemons (depending on desired sweetness), fresh basil leaves for garnish. Requires a pitcher and an 8-ounce glass.
- Dissolve sugar in water on medium-high heat in a saucepan and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Juice the lemons (6 for sweeter, 8 for tart).
- Mix the sugar water and lemon juice in a 2-quart pitcher. Top up with cold water.
- Serve with ice and garnished with fresh basil.
3. Personal Experience:
- The lemonade offers a nostalgic touch, evoking memories of country summers.
- Tastes more tart, even when opting for fewer lemons, similar to Chick-Fil-A’s lemonade.
- Suggestion: It can be used as a base for cocktails with gin, tequila, or vodka.
4. Enhancing Reba’s Porch Day Lemonade:
- Customize the recipe by possibly using brown sugar, adding more sugar, infusing the sugar water with basil, or incorporating another fruit like peach.
- To extract more juice, roll lemons on the counter or microwave them briefly before juicing.
Whether you’re a die-hard fan of Reba or just someone looking to reminisce about summer days, Reba’s Porch Day Lemonade is a delightful way to do so. It’s more than just a drink; it’s a taste of nostalgia, simplicity, and the warmth of sunny days gone by.