These delicious Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies are a perfect blend of crispness on the outside and a buttery-soft center filled with fruity raspberry goodness. Here’s how to make them:
Yield: 15 Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or with a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and almond extract until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Gradually introduce the flour to the creamed mixture. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Shape the dough into 1.5-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, ensuring a 2” gap between each. Using a glass or your palm, gently flatten each ball into a ½” thick disc.
- Create a well in the center of each cookie using your thumb or the back of a spoon. Be cautious not to press all the way through; just go halfway.
- Spoon roughly 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam into each cookie indentation.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn a light golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Afterward, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the creamed mixture and refrain from over-mixing to maintain a soft cookie dough.
- If the dough becomes too soft, chill it briefly in the refrigerator until it firms up.
- Always measure the flour accurately, using the spoon and level method.
- Ensure the butter is fully softened to blend seamlessly with the sugar.
- Cool the raspberry preserves slightly before filling the cookies to minimize spreading during baking.
- Vanilla extract can replace almond extract if desired.
- Experiment with other jam flavors such as strawberry, mixed berry, cherry, or zesty lemon curd.
- Try swapping raspberry jam for cherry preserves and mix chopped almonds into the dough.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 114
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 9mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 2g
These cookies provide a beautiful fusion of soft, tender shortbread filled with delectable raspberry jam. The result is a crispy exterior and buttery-soft interior, ensuring a delightful bite every time. Perfect for any occasion, they’re simple to make and sure to impress!