Embrace the cozy flavors of fall with our delectable Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe. These pancakes are a celebration of autumn, combining the warmth of pumpkin spice, the sweetness of cinnamon, and the richness of pumpkin puree. Incredibly fluffy and soft, these pancakes are a delightful addition to your breakfast or brunch spread. Drizzle them with softened butter, warm maple syrup, and a dollop of whipped cream for an indulgent treat that will satisfy your autumn cravings. Let’s dive into the recipe and embark on a culinary journey through the flavors of the season.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Softened butter
- Warm maple syrup
- Whipped cream
1. Prepare the Batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Whisk the dry ingredients together until well incorporated.
2. Mix the Wet Ingredients:
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole egg, melted and cooled unsalted butter, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and pure vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
3. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Gently stir the mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix; a few lumps in the batter are perfectly fine. This will ensure your pancakes are wonderfully fluffy.
4. Cook the Pancakes:
- Preheat a pan or griddle over medium heat. Grease the griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface of the batter.
5. Flip and Cook:
- Carefully flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through.
6. Serve and Enjoy:
- Transfer the pancakes to a cooling rack or platter. Cover them with foil to keep them warm as you cook the remaining batches. When ready to serve, top the pancakes with softened butter, a generous drizzle of warm maple syrup, and a dollop of whipped cream.
These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are not just a breakfast delight; they are a comforting reminder of the joys of fall. So, gather your loved ones, whip up a batch of these delectable pancakes, and savor the flavors of the season. Happy indulging!