Serving: 12 sliders
Preparation Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
If you’re a fan of sliders that come packed with flavor, then this recipe is a must-try. With the richness of blue cheese and the tangy kick of buffalo chicken, these sliders are bound to be the star of any gathering. They’re ideal for hosting, especially when you want to impress!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (16-oz.) package Hawaiian dinner rolls (12 rolls)
- 1 1/4 lb. ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery stalks
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Use foil to line a rimmed baking sheet. In a sizable skillet, melt 6 tablespoons of butter over low heat. Combine it with 2 tablespoons of the Buffalo sauce, the dried parsley, and half a teaspoon each of garlic and onion powders. Transfer this butter mixture to a bowl and set aside. There’s no need to clean the skillet for now.
- Prepping the Rolls: Utilizing a serrated knife, horizontally split the pack of rolls in half. Ensure the rolls remain attached. On the baking sheet, lay both top and bottom halves with the cut-side up. Use 4 tablespoons of the previously prepared butter mixture to brush these halves. Place them in the oven for a crispy and light golden toast, which should take around 5 minutes. Once done, maintain the oven’s temperature.
- Chicken Mixture: Now, over medium heat, warm up the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Introduce the chicken to the skillet, season with kosher salt, and cook. While doing so, break the meat apart with a wooden spoon. Once the chicken is no longer pink, which should take about 4-5 minutes, you can mix in the scallions, celery, and carrots. Follow this by adding the 1/3 cup of Buffalo sauce and the remaining half teaspoon each of garlic and onion powders. Coat the chicken properly in the sauce and cook for another minute.
- Assembling the Sliders: On the bottom half of the toasted rolls, spread the chicken mixture evenly, ensuring it reaches all the edges. Lightly press down on the meat. Layer the monterey jack and blue cheeses on top of this. Place the top half of the rolls over the cheese. Brush the tops with any remaining melted butter mixture. Finally, bake the assembled sliders for about 10 minutes. This will ensure the cheese melts and the rolls turn a crisp, light brown.
These sliders are best enjoyed warm. Pair them with some celery sticks and a side of blue cheese dressing or dip. Perfect for game nights, parties, or any occasion where you’d like to serve something delicious and memorable!