A delectable blend of savory and sweet, this pork roast is sure to be a hit at your next gathering. The combination of chili powder and apple jelly creates a unique glaze that enhances the flavor of the roast, while the corn chips add a delightful crunch.
- 4-5 pound boneless rolled pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (divided)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup catsup (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the pork roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, garlic salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder.
- Rub the spice mix into the roast thoroughly.
- Place the roast in the oven and cook for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If you’re using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 165°F by this point.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the apple jelly, catsup, vinegar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- After the roast has cooked for the specified time, brush it generously with the glaze you just prepared.
- Sprinkle the top of the roast with the crushed corn chips.
- Continue roasting the pork for an additional 15 minutes, or until the thermometer reads 170°F.
- Once done, remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Collect any pan drippings, including any chips that might have fallen off. Add water to these drippings until you have 1 cup of liquid.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and serve it alongside the roast as a flavorful sauce.
Serve the pork roast sliced, ensuring each portion has a bit of the crispy corn chip topping. The blend of flavors in this dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them asking for the recipe. Enjoy!