Experience the taste of summer with this delightful Peaches and Cream dessert. Sweet ripe peaches meet their perfect match with a dollop of homemade whipped cream. A treat that’s as simple as it is delicious!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Fresh Peaches
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Vanilla bean paste (amount as per taste)
- Prepare the Peaches: Slice the peaches into wedges or bite-sized pieces. Place them in a medium bowl.
- Macerate the Peaches: Mix in granulated sugar and vanilla bean paste. Stir until well combined. Cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes. This allows the peaches to become syrupy as the sugar dissolves.
- Prepare the Whipped Cream: In a large bowl, pour in the cream. If you want a sweeter touch, add some powdered sugar. Using a hand mixer, beat the cream until it forms very soft peaks.
- Serve: Divide the peaches and their syrup among 4 dishes or short cups. Top each generously with the whipped cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- Ripening Peaches: Place peaches in a paper bag to ripen them faster. For even quicker results, add a banana to the bag.
- Using Canned Peaches: If fresh peaches aren’t available, canned peaches are a great alternative. Just reduce or skip the granulated sugar.
- Sweetness Adjustments: Adapt sugar according to your peaches’ sweetness. Add lemon juice to enhance the flavor of less sweet peaches.
- For the Cream: Make sure not to overbeat the cream. The ideal texture should be soft peaks for a luscious combo with the peaches.
- Spice it Up: Introduce spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for an added flavor kick.
- A Quick Alternative: Replace whipped cream with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a quick variation.
- Macerated Peaches: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Best consumed within a day.
- Whipped Cream: If preparing in advance, stabilize the whipped cream using instant vanilla pudding powder in place of powdered sugar.
Enjoy this epitome of a summertime dessert, bringing together the lushness of ripe peaches with the softness of whipped cream. It’s a love story in a bowl!