Revisit the good old days with this delightful Nostalgic Cherry Float! This delightful treat is a perfect way to beat the summer heat. With a handful of ingredients, it’s easy to whip up and will certainly be a hit among family and friends.
- Cherry syrup or grenadine
- Vanilla ice cream
- Lemon-lime soda (e.g., 7-Up or Sprite)
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherries (for garnish)
- Pour 3 tablespoons of cherry syrup into each glass.
- Evenly distribute ice cream between the glasses.
- Fill the glasses with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
- Sip, enjoy, and reminisce!
- Store any leftover floats in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1-2 days. However, note that the carbonation from the soda will likely dissipate after a few hours.
- Classic Cherry Float: Combine lemon-lime soda with vanilla ice cream and cherry syrup in a tall glass.
- Adventurous Twist: Swap out lemon-lime soda for root beer or experiment with various fruit syrups for a unique flavor.
- Adult Cherry Float: Add a dash of your favorite alcohol like rum or vodka for a mature spin on this childhood favorite.
The History of Cherry Floats:
Although the exact origin of the cherry float remains a mystery, it’s believed to have gained popularity during the 1950s in the US when soda fountains were a common sight. The timeless combination of soda water, cherry syrup, and vanilla ice cream became an instant classic. Through the years, cherry floats have seen various adaptations, including the incorporation of other flavors like chocolate and caramel. Nonetheless, the iconic cherry and ice cream duo remains a hallmark of summer delicacies.
Revel in the joy of summers past and make every moment memorable with this refreshing and nostalgic Cherry Float! 🍒🍦🥤