Indulge in a delicious treat that’s perfect for those scorching summer days when turning on the oven is out of the question. These no-bake peanut butter cup bars blend the creamy richness of peanut butter with the lusciousness of chocolate. With just five ingredients and minimal prep time, you’ll be savoring these bars in no time!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter (divided)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet, as preferred)
- Preparation: Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing for some overhang on the sides for easy removal.
- Peanut Butter Base:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of your prepared pan, ensuring an even layer.
3. Chocolate Topping:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and the remaining ½ cup of peanut butter.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the mixture is fully melted and smooth.
- Spread this chocolate mixture evenly over the peanut butter base in the pan.
4. Chill: Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the bars to set for at least 2 hours.
5. Serve: Once set, use the parchment paper overhangs to lift the entire block out of the pan. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares.
6. Storage: Store any leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For a fun twist, you can add crushed peanuts or peanut butter chips on top of the chocolate layer before chilling.
There you have it! A quick and delectable treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without heating up your kitchen. Enjoy!