Certainly! Here’s a basic recipe for a creamy milk pudding:
- 4 cups (1 liter) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) cornstarch or rice flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water or milk (for dissolving cornstarch or rice flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Ground cinnamon or pistachios for garnish (optional)
- Dissolve the Cornstarch: In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the 1/2 cup of water or milk, whisking well to ensure there are no lumps. Set aside.
- Heat the Milk: In a saucepan, combine the whole milk and sugar. Put it over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the milk is warm.
- Add Cornstarch Mixture: Once the milk is warm, slowly whisk in the dissolved cornstarch mixture. Continue to whisk steadily.
- Thicken the Pudding: Keep the mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. As you stir, the mixture will gradually thicken. This process might take about 10-15 minutes. Once the pudding reaches a thick consistency (similar to custard), remove it from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract if using.
- Pour into Bowls: Pour the milk pudding into individual serving bowls or one large serving dish.
- Cool: Allow the milk pudding to come to room temperature. After that, place it in the refrigerator to set for at least 2-3 hours.
- Serve: Once set, garnish the milk pudding with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or chopped pistachios, if desired. Serve chilled.
Enjoy your creamy and delicious milk pudding! Adjust the sugar as per your taste preference, and feel free to infuse the milk with other flavors such as rose water or orange blossom water for a different twist.