The ultimate blend of jalapeno poppers and pigs in a blanket. A sure crowd-pleaser!
Here’s a succinct version of the recipe:
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 102kcal per serving
- 14 oz Lit’l Smokies, drained and patted dry
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4.5 oz can green chilies, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll Prep: Unroll the crescent rolls and separate the triangles. Using a pizza cutter, cut each triangle in half lengthwise and then again horizontally. This should give you 4 pieces from each triangle, totaling 32 pieces. Set these aside.
- Filling: In a mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Incorporate the crumbled bacon, green chilies, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix until everything is well-combined.
- Assembly: Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on each crescent roll piece. Place a Lit’l Smokie on the widest end of the piece and roll it up.
- Baking: Place the assembled pigs in a blanket on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring the seam side is facing down. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they’re a beautiful golden brown color.
- Serve: Serve warm and enjoy!
- Perfect for gatherings or parties.
- If you prefer a spicier kick, you can substitute fresh jalapenos for the canned green chilies.
- These can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Simply wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate, then bake when ready.
- Calories: 102
- Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Potassium: 36mg
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 1g
A delightful blend of spiciness from the jalapeno and creaminess from the cheese, this appetizer is bound to be the star of any gathering. Enjoy!