Turn your summer grilling up a notch with these fiery and mouth-watering Jalapeño Popper Burgers. If you’re already a fan of jalapeño popper dip, imagine the deliciousness when that flavor is packed inside a juicy burger. Packed with cheese, jalapeños, and bacon, this burger is bound to be the talk of the BBQ party!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 lbs angus ground beef
- 4 burger buns
- Prepare the Filling: In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, and minced jalapeños. Give it a good seasoning with salt and pepper, then gently fold in the cooked, chopped bacon.
- Form the Patties: Divide the ground beef to create 8 large, thin patties (roughly ¼” thick). Take about ¼ cup of the prepared filling and place it on one patty. Cover with another patty. Ensure the edges are well sealed, and if needed, re-shape it into a disc. Continue this process for the rest of the patties and filling.
- Grill: Preheat your grill to a medium-high temperature. Season both sides of the burgers with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Lay the burgers on the grill and let them cook to your preferred doneness, approximately 6 minutes per side if you aim for a medium cook.
- Serve: Once cooked, sandwich the burgers between the buns and serve immediately. Get ready to be amazed by the explosion of flavors!
Always let your burgers rest for a few minutes after taking them off the grill. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring a moist burger bite every time.
Enjoy these delightful Jalapeño Popper Burgers and bring a spicy twist to your regular burger game!