This Irresistible Classic Truffle Cream Pasta Recipe is a luxurious dish that captures the essence of gourmet dining at home. The recipe combines fresh tagliatelle pasta with a decadent truffle cream sauce. It’s a perfect dish for those who adore the complex and earthy flavors of black truffle, accompanied by the richness of a creamy sauce.
Tips for Preparing Truffle Cream Pasta
- Quality Ingredients: Given that this is a dish focused on the flavor of truffles, try to source the best quality truffle you can find. The same goes for the cream and the Parmesan.
- Timing: Truffles are best used fresh. Plan to make this dish within five days of purchasing your truffle.
- Cream Consistency: The 35% cream is essential to achieve the luscious texture described. Lower-fat creams will not provide the same richness.
- Pasta Water: Don’t forget to reserve some pasta water. This starchy water helps to emulsify the sauce, making it cling to the pasta better.
- Wine Pairing: A crisp white wine can complement the richness of the dish, as suggested by Tanika Douglas. A Pinot Grigio or a light Chardonnay might be good choices.
- Accompaniment: A simple green salad can balance the richness of the dish. Choose a light vinaigrette to keep the focus on the pasta.
- Serving Immediately: This is not a dish that benefits from sitting around. Serve it hot off the stove for the best texture and flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ¾ cups 35% cream (light whipping cream)
- 1 ½ ounces fresh black truffle, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ½ ounces fresh tagliatelle
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent and soft.
- Reduce the heat to low, then add the butter and garlic to the skillet.
- Sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring intermittently until fragrant.
- Pour in the cream, add ⅔ of the grated truffle, grated Parmesan, ½ teaspoon of salt, and pepper, and stir well to combine with the onions and garlic.
- Let the sauce simmer gently over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes while the flavors meld together. Then, turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, fill a large pot with water, bring it to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Add the tagliatelle to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1 ½ cups of pasta water.
- Add the cooked tagliatelle to the truffle cream sauce along with 1 cup of pasta water.
- Gently toss the tagliatelle in the sauce until it’s well-coated. (If the sauce is too thick, you can add more pasta water to achieve the perfect consistency.)
- Finish the truffle cream pasta with chopped parsley.
- Divide the truffle pasta among serving plates or bowls and garnish with the remaining grated black truffle.
- Serve the truffle pasta right away.
It’s worth noting that this dish is high in calories and fat. If you’re watching your intake, you may want to save this for special occasions or modify the recipe to suit your dietary needs.
- Calories per Serving: 804
- Total Fat: 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 32.4 g
- Trans Fat: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 194.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.2 g
- Total Sugars: 4.5 g
- Sodium : 601.3g
- Protein: 24.6g
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use truffle oil instead of fresh truffle?
While truffle oil can add some of the truffle flavor, it’s not a complete substitute for fresh truffles, which offer a more nuanced and rich taste.
2. Can I use other types of pasta?
- The recipe suggests that pasta shape is up to personal preference, although fresh tagliatelle is recommended.
3. How can I store leftover truffle cream pasta?
- This dish is best served fresh, but if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Reheat gently on the stove, adding a little extra cream or reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
4. Is this dish suitable for vegetarians?
- Yes, this dish is vegetarian as long as you ensure the Parmesan used is a vegetarian-friendly version (some Parmesan is made with animal rennet).
Enjoy this luxurious and indulgent truffle cream pasta recipe as a special treat for yourself and your guests!