Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Marinating Time: 1-2 days
Total Time: 1 day 2 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Air fryer beef jerky offers a flavor-packed and easy-to-make snack. Ditch the store-bought variety for this homemade version that uses Teriyaki marinade for a punch of flavor, all without the need for a dehydrator.
- 1 pound thinly sliced sirloin steak (¼-in thick)
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce
- Preparation: Cut the beef slices into strips or squares and place them in a plastic zipper bag with the Teriyaki sauce. Massage the sauce around the beef ensuring even coating. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Cooking: Once marinated, remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry using paper towels. Arrange the beef pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air Frying: Set the air fryer to 200 degrees F and cook for 2 hours, flipping the beef halfway through. Periodically check to ensure the beef is fully dehydrated and has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. If not, continue air frying in 15-minute intervals until desired consistency is achieved.
- Storing: Once cooked and cooled, store the beef jerky in an airtight container.
- Pound the steak to about ¼ of an inch thickness for optimal dehydration.
- Marinate the beef in Teriyaki sauce for a minimum of 24 hours, but 48 hours is preferable for maximum flavor.
- Spice it up with a pinch of cayenne pepper in the marinade.
- Ensure the beef slices are patted dry before air frying.
- Arrange beef pieces singularly in the air fryer basket to allow even airflow.
- Let the jerky cool fully before storing to maintain freshness and texture.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 170
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Sodium: 1412mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 17g
Make your snack times more exciting with this easy-to-follow beef jerky recipe and enjoy a flavor-rich treat straight out of your air fryer!