Savor the fresh taste of the sea combined with the zest of citrus and herbs. This recipe will transport you to the coastal regions with its tantalizing flavors. Serve these grilled oysters with a side of crispy frites and spicy garlic aioli for a culinary experience you won’t soon forget.
For the Grilled Oysters:
- 24 P.E.I. oysters
- Citrus Herb Butter (recipe below)
For the Citrus Herb Butter:
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the Spicy Garlic Aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- French fries of your choice to serve with
- Prepare the Oysters: Begin by shucking the 24 oysters. Remove the top shell and carefully loosen the muscle beneath the oyster.
- Grill the Oysters: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Apply a dash of the melted citrus herb butter over each oyster. Place the oysters directly on the grill and let them cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until they start to change color.
- Prepare the Citrus Herb Butter: In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the butter. Whip them together until well mixed. Melt this butter in preparation for basting your oysters.
- Prepare the Spicy Garlic Aioli: In another small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the aioli. Ensure they are mixed thoroughly. Once combined, refrigerate the aioli for at least 30 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together for a more intense taste.
- Serve: Place the grilled oysters on a serving platter. Serve them with a side of your favorite French fries, and offer the spicy garlic aioli as a dipping sauce.
- Presentation Tip: For an appealing presentation, display the grilled oysters and fries on a wooden cutting board or a rustic platter. Garnish with some fresh parsley or lemon wedges.
Note: This dish pairs excellently with a glass of crisp white wine or a cold beer. Whether you’re enjoying this meal by the beach or in the comfort of your home, the flavors will undoubtedly whisk you away to a coastal paradise. Enjoy!