Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 8 servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) of ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) of coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 cups fresh snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- Toasted Ramen: In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the crumbled ramen noodles and toast them, stirring continuously, for 5 to 8 minutes or until they are golden brown. Once done, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare the Vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, combine the 2/3 cup olive oil, sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Whisk them together until you get a smooth and well-blended vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Grill the Chicken: Season the chicken breast halves with the pepper and salt. Grill them on a lightly oiled rack, covered, over medium heat. Alternatively, you can broil them 4-5 inches from the heat source. Ensure they are cooked through (internal temperature should read 165°F), which should take about 8-10 minutes on each side. Once done, let them cool for a bit and then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Assemble the Salad: Take a large mixing bowl and combine the coleslaw mix with the minced cilantro. In a large serving dish (8 to 10 quarts in capacity), begin layering your salad. Start with the coleslaw mixture, followed by the snow peas, grilled chicken, shredded carrots, mixed salad greens, toasted ramen noodles, and sliced green onions. If you’re using bacon, sprinkle it on top.
- Serve: Present the layered Grilled Chicken Ramen Salad with the vinaigrette on the side, allowing your guests to drizzle their desired amount over their portion.
Note: This delightful Grilled Chicken Ramen Salad is a refreshing and innovative way to enjoy ramen noodles. Perfect for a light lunch, picnic, or even a potluck. Enjoy!