- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or caramel sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Optional toppings: caramel drizzle, crushed pecans or walnuts, extra cinnamon
- Preparation: Wash, peel, and finely chop the Granny Smith apples.
- Mix the Base: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with brown sugar (or caramel sauce) until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Apples: Fold in the chopped Granny Smith apples until they’re evenly distributed throughout the mix.
- Spice it Up: Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves, making sure the spices are thoroughly combined.
- Serve: Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. If desired, you can drizzle additional caramel on top, sprinkle with crushed pecans or walnuts, or dust with a bit more cinnamon.
- Dip & Enjoy: Serve with graham crackers, mini pie crusts, apple slices, or any of your favorite dipping snacks.
- For a savory twist, omit the sugar or caramel, add shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and serve with pretzels or veggie sticks.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The dip is best consumed within 2-3 days.
- The recipe can easily be doubled for larger gatherings.
- You can also try adding a splash of vanilla extract for added depth of flavor.
This dip is the epitome of fall: the tartness of the Granny Smith apples, the warmth of the spices, and the richness of the cream cheese come together to create a treat that’s sure to be a hit at any autumn gathering. Whether you’re enjoying it on a crisp evening by the fireside or serving it at a festive Halloween or Thanksgiving party, this Green Apple Fall Dip is bound to become a seasonal favorite.