These gluten-free tahini cookies are not only healthy but also have a unique rich flavor from the tahini. They are soft and slightly chewy with a hint of nuttiness. Plus, they’re easy to whip up with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (for a vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (for rolling, optional)
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the tahini, honey (or maple syrup), and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Sprinkle the baking soda and a pinch of salt into the mixture. If you’re adding any optional ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts, fold them in now. Stir until everything is well combined. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Shape the Cookies: If you’re using sesame seeds, place them in a shallow dish. Scoop out a tablespoon of the dough, roll it into a ball with your hands, then roll it in the sesame seeds to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown. They will be soft when they come out but will firm up as they cool.
- Cool: Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving and Storage:
- Serve the cookies with a glass of your favorite milk or a cup of tea.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- For those with a sweet tooth, drizzling a little melted chocolate over the cooled cookies can add an extra layer of deliciousness.
- You can also add a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom to the dough for a spiced flavor.
Enjoy these gluten-free tahini cookies as a healthy treat or snack anytime!