Egg Makhani is a culinary delight that promises a burst of flavors and a fragrant aroma. Perfect for days when you want a quick yet sumptuous meal, this dish is a seamless fusion of creamy textures and spicy notes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to create this masterpiece:
- 5-6 boiled eggs, shells removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 20-30 cashews
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2+ tbsp fresh cream
- Prepare the Eggs: Heat a pan on the stove and melt the butter. Add boiled eggs, frying until they turn brown. Once browned, set them aside.
- Cook the Base: In the same pan, add the oil. Sauté the chopped onion, tomatoes, and cashews until brown. You can sprinkle a bit of water to help form a smooth paste.
- Spice It Up: In a separate pan, heat some oil and add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and bay leaf. After a few minutes, add ginger-garlic paste and cook for another two minutes. Then, incorporate the onion-tomato-cashew paste you prepared earlier. Season with salt, cumin powder, and red chili powder. Cook until the oil begins to separate from the mixture.
- Final Touches: Add water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the flame, stirring in the fresh cream. Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Add the previously browned eggs. Drizzle with a bit more cream for that luxurious finish.
Your Egg Makhani is now ready to be relished! Serve it warm with chapatis or rice for a meal that guarantees satisfaction.