Lunchtime is about to get an upgrade with this protein-packed Egg in a Bagel recipe. Quick to make, this delicious lunch option will keep you satiated until dinner. The creamy Kerry gold Spreadable, sourced from Irish farms, adds a rich, distinctive flavor to this dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 45g Kerrygold Spreadable
- 4 sesame bagels
- 4 tbsp tomato relish
- 200g sliced ham
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 50g of rocket (arugula)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan setting). Ensure you have a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper ready.
2. Bagel Bases:
- Begin by toasting the bases of the bagels.
- Once toasted, spread them generously with Kerrygold Spreadable.
- Layer the relish and sliced ham atop the spread.
3. Bagel Tops with Egg:
- Butter the cut side of the bagel tops and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Carefully crack an egg into the hole of each bagel top.
- Transfer the bagels to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
4. Combine and Serve:
- Around the 10-minute mark, add the bagel bases to the oven tray.
- After the eggs have set, take the bagels out of the oven.
- Place slices of avocado and rocket atop the ham on the base of the bagels.
- Carefully position the egg-topped bagel half onto its corresponding base.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For a bit of a kick, add some hot sauce or spicy mayo to the bagel.
- This recipe is versatile – you can add other ingredients such as cheese, bacon, or sautéed mushrooms based on your preference.
- Remember, the richness of the Kerrygold Spreadable plays a significant role in this recipe’s flavor. Ensure you spread generously to experience the full effect!