- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pre-made pound cake (from the freezer section, thawed)
- Optional: mix-ins such as chocolate chips, fresh fruit, caramel swirl, or nuts
- Prepare the Pound Cake: Cut the pound cake into small cubes. If you prefer finer pieces in your ice cream, you can crumble the cake instead.
- Whip the Cream: In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add Sweetened Condensed Milk: Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract until well combined. Be sure to fold and not mix vigorously to keep the whipped cream’s airy texture.
- Add Pound Cake and Optional Mix-ins: Gently fold in the pound cake pieces. If you’re using any additional mix-ins, fold them in at this time.
- Freeze: Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or an airtight container. Smooth the top and cover it with plastic wrap or a lid.
- Set: Place the container in the freezer for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve: Scoop out the ice cream into bowls or cones and enjoy!
- To prevent the ice cream from crystallizing too quickly, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream before sealing the container.
- Feel free to get creative with mix-ins! Try adding swirls of caramel or fudge, crushed cookies, or even sprinkles.
This no-churn ice cream with pound cake is a delightful treat, especially during the summer months. The rich texture of the pound cake pairs wonderfully with the creamy ice cream base, offering a unique dessert experience. The best part? No ice cream machine required! So go ahead and indulge in this easy-to-make, delicious treat.