This recipe is perfect for those looking for a quick, flavorful, and versatile grilled chicken. With an apple cider vinegar base, this marinated chicken is tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Plus, it doesn’t require a grill!
Dietary Information: Gluten-Free (GF), Dairy-Free (DF), Nut-Free (NS)
- Boneless, skinless, organic, free-range chicken breasts
- Oil for brushing
- Apple cider vinegar
- Smoked paprika
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped rosemary (or thyme)
- Red pepper flake
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preparation: Begin with your chicken breasts. If available, go for boneless, skinless, organic, free-range chicken.
- Brush & Season: Lightly brush the chicken with oil. Season with smoked paprika, dried oregano, dried basil, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, rosemary (or thyme), red pepper flake, and cayenne if you prefer some heat. Ensure the chicken is well-coated with the seasoning.
- Marination Technique: Using apple cider vinegar, let the chicken marinate. The vinegar will tenderize the chicken, making it juicy. It also enhances the seasoning flavors. For even better results, poke the chicken with a knife to allow the marinade to infuse the meat. For maximum flavor, marinate up to 24 hours in advance.
- Cooking: You can either grill, bake, or cook on a stovetop using a grill pan or cast iron skillet. If grilling, keep the meat over a low flame to avoid drying out the chicken. If using the stovetop, cook over medium-low to medium heat. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 C).
Serving Suggestions: Grilled chicken is versatile and pairs well with various dishes. Some options include:
- Served over quinoa or rice.
- Alongside grilled vegetables.
- On top of a fresh salad.
- As a protein addition to pasta dishes.
Note: Grilled chicken seasoned this way can also be a great addition to wraps, sandwiches, and bowls. Remember, the key to perfect grilled chicken is the marination process. So, allow the chicken enough time to soak in all the flavors!