World-renowned cruise line, Cunard, has announced a momentous partnership with two Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux, promising a fresh wave of culinary delights for its patrons. Here’s everything you need to know about this exciting collaboration.
- Michel Roux’s Role: The celebrated chef will work closely with Cunard’s expert culinary team to craft a special gala menu for the Queen Anne’s Queens Grill restaurant. Additionally, he will be revitalizing the menu for the Queen Anne’s pub, the Golden Lion.
- Menu Preview: While the specifics are yet to be unveiled, the revamped Golden Lion menu will offer patrons a taste of pub classics, reinterpreted through Chef Roux’s masterful culinary lens. This new menu is set to premiere on the Queen Anne in May 2024 and will be introduced to Cunard’s other vessels later in the year.
- Statements from the Key Players:
- Angus Struthers, acting senior vice president of Cunard, praised the brand’s reputation for exceptional dining and expressed his enthusiasm for the collaboration with top chefs to expand the ship’s gastronomic offerings.
- Michel Roux emphasized the thrill of partnering with Cunard’s culinary maestros in anticipation of the Queen Anne’s launch. He voiced his eagerness to present revamped, upscale pub classics to Cunard’s clientele.
- Additional Dining Experiences on the Queen Anne:
- Aji Wa: A haven for Japanese cuisine lovers, it will serve sushi and seasonal dishes for both lunch and dinner.
- Aranya: This dining spot will transport guests to India, offering them an authentic taste of its rich flavors.
- Sir Samuels: Catering to the meat and seafood lovers, this venue will present an exquisite selection of British and Australian beef and seafood, enhanced by a curated wine list.
- Tramonto: Bringing a Mediterranean touch, Tramonto will boast a menu replete with fresh, zesty flavors, providing guests with an option to dine under the open sky.
This partnership is more than just an addition to the ship’s dining options; it is a testament to Cunard’s commitment to offering a top-tier culinary experience to its guests. With the promise of Chef Roux’s magic sprinkled across the ship’s dining venues, and the introduction of four new thematic eateries, passengers on the Queen Anne have a lot to look forward to in 2024.