These Cream Cheese Cookies are delightfully soft and have a melt-in-your-mouth texture, thanks to the addition of cream cheese. They’re perfect as an afterschool snack or for dessert after a family meal. The powdered sugar dusting adds a touch of sweetness and elegance.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for dusting baked cookies)
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (163 degrees Celsius). Lightly grease your baking sheets with butter or use parchment paper to line them.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Continue beating until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add Egg and Vanilla: Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the Flour: Gradually stir in the all-purpose flour and mix until the dough is well blended and comes together.
- Shape the Cookies: Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, ensuring there’s enough space between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake: Place the baking sheets in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden at the edges when done.
- Cool: Once baked, allow the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheets for a few minutes. This will make them easier to handle. Then, transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar: Place a piece of waxed paper or a tray under the wire racks. Once the cookies are completely cooled, sift the powdered sugar evenly over the cookies. This not only adds an extra layer of sweetness but also gives them a beautiful, snowy appearance.
Serving: This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies. Serve with a glass of milk or your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
Note: Cream Cheese Cookies are rich and flavorful on their own, but feel free to customize by adding in chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit for variety.