Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Nutrition: 224 Kcal per portion, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g
An easy and refreshing vegetable and feta couscous salad that can be made in just 15 minutes. This salad brings out the vibrant flavors of sweet cherry tomatoes combined with the saltiness of feta, making it perfect for summer. Serve it as a light meal or as a side dish during barbecues, picnics, or buffet spreads. A versatile dish where you can also incorporate other leftover veggies or herbs you have at hand.
- 250g couscous
- 6 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 350-500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g pack feta cheese, cubed
- 2-3 tbsp freshly chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- Start by placing the couscous into a bowl and add 400ml of boiling water. Mix thoroughly and let it sit for approximately 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure the couscous doesn’t clump together.
- Incorporate the olive oil, lemon zest, juice, and season with salt and pepper to the couscous. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add in the spring onions, celery, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese to the couscous mixture. Stir until all ingredients are well-distributed.
- Transfer the salad into serving bowls and garnish with chives.
To enhance the taste, consider preparing the couscous with chicken or vegetable stock instead of plain water. If available, use plum cherry tomatoes as they tend to have a sweeter flavor than regular cherry tomatoes.