- 2 cups of desiccated coconut (dry)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional, based on your sweetness preference)
- Nuts (like almonds and pistachios) for garnish
- Preparation: Keep a greased plate/tray ready on the side.
- Cooking the Base: In a thick-bottomed pan, pour in the milk and bring it to a gentle boil. Add the desiccated coconut and mix well, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Adding Sweetness: Once the milk and coconut mixture starts to thicken, stir in the condensed milk. If you prefer it sweeter, you can also add sugar at this stage.
- Flavoring: Add the green cardamom powder and mix well until the mixture becomes thick and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Setting the Burfi: Transfer this mixture to the greased plate/tray and spread it evenly using a spatula. Allow it to cool for about an hour.
- Garnishing: Garnish the top with thinly sliced nuts. Gently press the nuts into the burfi using the back of a spoon to ensure they stick.
- Serving: Once set, slice the burfi into desired shapes and serve.
Enjoy this tropical delight and transport your sibling’s taste buds to a coconut paradise!