Elevate your dinner game with this classic Chicken Kiev. The herby compound butter inside, and the crispy breadcrumb exterior, promises a burst of flavor with each bite.
- 1 recipe compound butter (link to separate recipe would be provided)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Oil for frying (vegetable or canola is recommended)
- Prepare the Butter: Prepare the compound butter in advance, ensuring it has sufficient time to chill before assembling the Chicken Kiev.
- Prepare the Chicken:
- Lay each chicken breast on a cutting board between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Flatten using a meat mallet.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Butter Filling:
- Cut a slice of the chilled compound butter and place it at the center of each flattened chicken breast.
- Seal the Chicken:
- Fold in the sides of the chicken over the butter, forming a log shape.
- Tightly wrap each log in plastic wrap, ensuring the edges are sealed by twisting or folding the wrap.
- Chill: Freeze the wrapped chicken logs for about 2 hours, or until they firm up.
- Breading Station:
- Set up three bowls. One with flour, one with the lightly beaten eggs, and the last one with the Panko breadcrumbs mixed with Italian seasoning.
- Coat each chicken log in the flour, dip into the eggs, and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Heat the frying oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Deep fry each chicken log for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Storing & Reheating:
- Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. The breadcrumb coating may soften over time.
- Freezer: Wrap cooled Chicken Kiev in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- Reheating: An air fryer is recommended for reheating to retain crispiness. Set to 390°F (200°C) and heat for 8-10 minutes. Alternatively, reheat in the oven at 350°F (175°C) until warmed through or use a microwave.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 281 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Potassium: 507mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A: 167IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- Iron: 2mg
Note: Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary based on factors like portion sizes and specific brands used.