A unique recipe that employs your dishwasher for cooking. This method ensures the chicken remains tender, while the couscous absorbs the flavorful juices from the chicken and vegetables.
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 cup Broth (chicken or vegetable)
- Half a Chicken Breast
- 1 Medium-sized Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Medium-sized Onion
- Preparation: Start by dicing the chicken breast into even cubes. Wash the peppers, remove the seeds, and chop them into small pieces. Peel the onion and dice it finely.
- Sauté: In a pan over medium heat, sauté the chicken cubes until they’re lightly browned on all sides. Add in the chopped peppers and onion. Continue to sauté until the vegetables soften and are fragrant.
- Jar Preparation: Transfer the sautéed chicken and vegetables into a large airtight glass jar. Add in the uncooked couscous and pour in the broth, ensuring everything is submerged.
- Dishwasher Cooking: Seal the jar tightly, ensuring it’s airtight. Place the jar in your dishwasher. Run the dishwasher through a normal wash cycle. This unconventional cooking method will slowly steam the ingredients inside the jar.
- Serve: Once the dishwasher cycle is complete, carefully open the jar (it might be hot). The couscous should be perfectly cooked, having absorbed the broth and the flavors from the chicken and vegetables. Fluff the couscous with a fork, and it’s ready to be served!
This is a creative approach to cooking, using the heat and steam from the dishwasher. Ensure the jar is completely sealed to avoid any contamination or ingress of water.