TikTok isn’t just for dance moves and life hacks; it’s also a treasure trove for inventive recipes. Take the viral Dr Pepper Brownies, for instance. The original trend involved adding a bottle of Dr Pepper to a box of brownie mix. Now, here’s a spinoff that not only takes that concept up a notch but adds a cherry twist that’s perfect for Cherry Dr Pepper fans!
- 1 box milk chocolate brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Cherry Dr Pepper
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 can cherry frosting
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Whole maraschino cherries with stems, for garnish
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cup
- Sharp knife
- Spatula/Wooden spoon
- 8×8 baking pan
- Offset spatula
- Parchment paper
- Wire cooling rack
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and grease it well.
- Mixing the Batter: In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and Cherry Dr Pepper. Stir until well combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Baking the Brownies: Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cooling: Transfer the brownies (still in the pan) to a wire rack and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Frosting Prep: While the brownies are cooling, mix the cherry frosting with the chopped maraschino cherries in a small bowl.
- Complete Cooling: Using the parchment paper as handles, lift the brownies out of the pan and onto a wire rack. Let them cool completely.
- Frost and Garnish: Once the brownies are cool, use an offset spatula to spread the cherry frosting over the top. Cut into squares and, if desired, garnish with whole maraschino cherries.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Substitute Water with Soda: Dr Pepper is used in place of water. Make sure to read your brownie box to see if any other ingredients are needed.
- Don’t Let Chips Sink: If you use regular chocolate chips, consider dusting them with a teaspoon of cocoa powder to keep them from sinking.
- Flavor Twist: Dr Pepper has other flavors like Strawberries ‘n’ Cream and Cream Soda, which could be interesting to experiment with.
- Check Doneness: Start checking at the 30-minute mark to prevent over-baking.
Why Try This?
- Flavor Boost: The Cherry Dr Pepper enhances the chocolate, similar to adding coffee to chocolate desserts.
- Texture: The carbonation in the soda gives the brownies a fluffier texture.
- Mom Points: If you have a Cherry Dr Pepper fan in your house, this will win you major kudos!
So go ahead, give these Cherry Dr Pepper Brownies a try, and let the compliments roll in! 🍒🍫