A brookie pizookie is a delightful dessert hybrid, a blend of brownie and cookie that tastes heavenly. A fusion of “pizza” and “cookie”, a pizookie gives you the gooeyness of brownies with the comfort of a baked cookie.
Imagine this: The base is a thick, fudgy brownie infused with rich chocolate. Topping this layer is a soft, gooey layer of chocolate chip cookie dough. As it bakes, the tantalizing aroma will fill your kitchen, making waiting a real test of patience.
The best part? This dessert is versatile. You can have it during special occasions or just an ordinary weeknight treat. It’s simple enough to make, yet special enough for celebrations.
For the Brownie Layer:
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup flour
For the Cookie Layer:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, divided
- Vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- Chocolate sauce (for serving)
- Brownie Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350 F. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate. Once melted, whisk in sugar, egg, and vanilla. After mixing, fold in the flour and salt and set aside.
- Cookie Dough: In a separate bowl, cream the butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar using a hand mixer. Once the mixture turns fluffy, mix in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add baking soda, salt, and flour. Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Assembly: Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Pour the brownie batter ensuring an even spread. Add dollops of the cookie dough over the brownie batter. Use an offset spatula to slightly swirl the two batters, creating a marbled effect. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Baking: Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Once done, the pizookie should have sides pulling from the pan’s edges.
- Serving: Let it cool slightly. Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 474
- Total Fat: 23.4g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 83.7mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 61.0g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
- Total Sugars: 43.9g
- Sodium: 247.9mg
- Protein: 5.6g
The brookie pizookie brings two beloved desserts into one dish. Whether it’s the depth of flavors from the brownie or the familiar comfort of the cookie, every bite promises to be an indulgent experience. Go on, give this recipe a try!