Treat yourself to a meal that’s not only delicious but tender to the bite! This breaded pork tenderloin recipe is a definite crowd-pleaser.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or as needed)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F (165°C). For easy cleanup later on, line a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Cut the tenderloin into slices that are about 1/4-inch thick. Use sheets of plastic wrap to pound each slice until it’s thin.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the milk and eggs. In another shallow dish, whisk the bread crumbs, oregano, garlic salt, additional oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Take the tenderloin slices and dip them first into the egg mixture, making sure they are well-coated. Then, dip them into the bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Fry the breaded tenderloin slices in batches, ensuring they turn a golden brown color on both sides. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes for each side. Note: the tenderloin slices won’t be fully cooked at this point. After frying, place them in the baking dish you prepared earlier.
- If there’s any leftover egg and bread crumb mixture, mix them together and fry the mixture in the skillet. Once done, place this in the baking dish alongside the tenderloin slices. Seal the dish with a tight-fitting cover.
- Bake the tenderloins in your preheated oven. They should be done when they are no longer pink in the center, which will take roughly 45 minutes. For safety, use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the center of the meat reaches a minimum of 145°F (63°C).
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Now all that’s left is to enjoy your homemade breaded pork tenderloin. Bon appétit!