Enjoy a nutritious and energy-boosting snack with these Banana and Quinoa Granola Bars. They’re packed with the goodness of ripe bananas, quinoa, and a mix of nuts and dried fruits. This recipe is super simple to make and perfect for those on-the-go mornings or for a quick snack during the day.
Yields: 8-10 bars
- 2 ripe and mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (e.g., almonds or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried fruits (like raisins, cranberries, or apricots)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a square or rectangular baking dish by greasing it or lining with parchment paper.
- Wet Mixture: In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix them until well combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Into the wet mixture, add the rolled oats, cooked quinoa, chopped nuts, dried fruits, cinnamon, and salt. Stir everything together ensuring the mixture is even and sticky.
- Transfer & Press: Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish, pressing it down firmly so it’s compact.
- Bake: Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the edges become golden brown.
- Cool & Cut: Once baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool in the dish for about 10-15 minutes. While it’s still warm, cut the mixture into desired bar or square sizes.
- Store & Enjoy: After the bars have cooled completely, you can remove them from the dish. Store them in an airtight container.
These bars are not just delicious but also a great source of energy and nutrients. Perfect for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or even an after-gym refresher!